Sunday, June 20, 2010

How to manage dry semi-curly hair?

My hair is exceptionally dry for some reason, and is incredibly hard to manage. After a shower, my hair is perfect, and i can manage it just the way i like it, but as soon as i step outside, it curls over, and messes up my whole hairdo. I've tried, hairspray gel, and i use a 2-in-1 shampoo/conditioner (pantene pro-v) but nothing seems to work.



Help would be much appreciated.



How to manage dry semi-curly hair?

I can tell you what the problem is exactly. STOP using pantene pro-v. I know the results look great in the beginning but this product has particular waxing agents that actually coat the hair. The temporary result is shine but the long term affects will leave your hair dry, brittle, and more prone to breakage. A good idea for you would be to look for moisturizing shampoos or conditioners. The trick is to find one that suits you. Depending on how thick your hair is, you may want to hold off on using too much of a moisturizing product, as it may weigh your hair down. A wonderful product for dry hair is Biosilk. It comes in a clear white tube and can be applied to dry or wet hair. I use conditioner only every other time that I wash and for the times that I do not use it, I substitute this in and distribute a palm-sized amount before blow-drying. This stuff is expensive, it runs at about $30 a bottle, but it works wonders! Your hair will feel hydrated and very silky smooth. A friend of mine has extremely dry hair due to chemicals from a recent color correction. I let her try this and she is HOOKED. If you are looking for a particular moisturizing shampoo or conditioner I reccomend Neutrogena triple moisture. I think you will be very happy with the results. If not, you can experiment with a few different products %26amp; see what works best for you. Whatever you do though, you may really want to reconsider using the pantene...good luck to you



How to manage dry semi-curly hair?

Step 1-Stop using shampoo and start using moisturizing conditioner.



See, curly hair is naturally dry. And shampoo is all about getting rid of oils...the very substance that keeps hair from drying out. If you need to, use a *very* little directly on your scalp, but even that shouldn't be more that once or twice a week.



After your hair gets re-hydrated, try some products specifically for controlling curly hair, like friz-ease. You'll start getting much better results when your hair isn't desperate for the moisture in the air outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
child tax credit